INDIAN SPINNER RAVINDRA JADEJA rose a spot in the latest International Cricket Council (ICC) Test bowlers' rankings by climbing to No.7 on Monday.
He is one of the two Indians in the list along with off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, who maintained his spot at No.2. The bowling chart is headed by South Africa's Dale Steyn, who leads Ashwin by just four points.
Ashwin and Jadeja are also there in the top-five of the ICC Test all-rounders' rankings with the former being at the top with Jadeja at No.5. Meanwhile, there are no Indians in the top-10 of the Test batsmen rankings.
Elsewhere, Kane Williamson has become the second New Zealand batsman after Glenn Turner to top the Test batsmen rankings after producing a man-of-the-match performance in the Hamilton against Sri Lanka which helped the home side win the match by five wickets and the series 2-0.
Williamson scored 108 not out, his 13th century in 46 Tests, as New Zealand achieved the 189-run target with five wickets to spare. Williamson earned 11 points for his efforts, enough to jump two places ahead of England's Joe Root and AB de Villiers of South Africa in the No.1 spot.
India stayed at No.2 in the Test team rankings with 110 points behind South Africa (114) and ahead of Australia (109).
Test team rankings --
1. South Africa 114 points
2. India 110
3. Australia 109
4. Pakistan 106
5. England 99
6. New Zealand 99
7. Sri Lanka 89
8. West Indies 76
9. Bangladesh 47
10. Zimbabwe 5
Test batsmen rankings --
1. Kane Williamson (New Zealand) 889 points
2. Joe Root (England) 886
3. AB de Villiers (South Africa) 881
4. Steven Smith (Australia) 874
5. David Warner (Australia) 863
6. Younus Khan (Pakistan) 826
7. Hashim Amla (South Africa) 810
8. Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka) 808
9. Alastair Cook (England) 803
10. Misbah-ul-Haq (Pakistan) 764
Test bowlers rankings --
1. Dale Steyn (South Africa) 875 points
2. Ravichandran Ashwin (India) 871
3. James Anderson (England) 846
4. Yasir Shah (Pakistan) 846
5. Stuart Broad (England) 840
6. Josh Hazlewood (Australia) 792
7. Ravindra Jadeja (India) 789
8. Trent Boult (New Zealand) 787
9. Vernon Philander (South Africa) 746
10. Tim Southee (New Zealand) 731
Test all-rounders rankings --
1. Ravichandran Ashwin (India) 406 points
2. Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) 384
3. Stuart Broad (England) 315
4. Vernon Philander (South Africa) 298
5. Ravindra Jadeja (India) 259